Friday, May 1, 2015

You Had One Job


"Hi, I have this purchase, but I did not bring my percentage off coupon, or my dollar off coupons...and I forgot my charge card...and my driver's license...will that be a problem?"

Your job was to pay for something after picking it up....it was the ONLY thing you had to do in here...and you managed to increase the complexity of said transaction tenfold.

With technology increasing and our pace of business increasing just as fast, I am still completely puzzled by how the average person preps themselves for a purchase. The sheer minutes wasted deciding between the lace tank and regular tank is overwhelmed by the complete loss of motor function that people exhibit when panic as it is their turn to check out. Imagine the cluster that occurs when someone gets to the fast-food line without an idea of what they want.

Good news, is that they have a picture and a dollar amount to deal with. In a fashion retail environment where coupon and deal chasing is the name of the game..it becomes incrementally more of a waste of time for both associate and customer. If I had a tumor for every time a customer looked back at those in line and then continued to dig around the disaster that is her purse, I would be yelling "Start the Reactor Quaid" at every opportunity.

#YouHadOneJob


No comments:

Post a Comment