Saturday, March 7, 2015

The "Sale" Weekend

The "Sale" Weekend

Nothing brings out the small idiots in every human than shopping on a weekend during a big sale. By default, my demeanor is calm, reasurring, and helpful...but apparently that is interpretted as hostile, argumentative, and negative...which seems absurd to me.

I had a situation yesterday in which a customer had purchased 4 rugs and was returning three of them. After returning the three, she then went on to say this.

Lady- "Well what is this rug for 49.99?"
Milly- "You know, I am not sure...without actually having the item with us, it's hard to tell. Let me punch it into the computer and see what the description is." 
*spends a few minutes purusing the mainframe.
Milly- "It looks like is a 36x48 bath rug that is gray which rang up at the original price of 49.99 before your coupons."
Lady- "Well that should have been on sale."
Milly- "OK, when I punch that UPC in, it actually shows that it was not on sale yesterday when you bought it." 
Lady- "Well that's not right."
Milly- "Not a problem, do you have the item with you so I can see if maybe it was scanned wrong or was mis-tagged?"
Lady- "No, but I have the other three, can't you just use the number from the one I did not return?
Milly- "Yes, I definitely can, but you are telling me that it is the wrong number, so I have no means to check if the item you have at home matches the item."
Lady- "I don't understand..it should just be the same price."
Milly- "According to the UPC that was rung up, it was a different brand, size, and style than the ones you purchased so I can't adjust it or return/repurchase the item without being able to verify the item.
Lady- "This is so stupid, I live 90 minutes away and I did not come here for an argument."
Milly- "Miss, I am not and have no intetion of arguing with you, I am telling you that without seeing the item, I can't adjust it for you because I have nothing to check to see if something was wrong outside of you just telling me.."it is wrong.""
Lady- *storms off* while muttering "I cannot believe how difficult this is."

Really..you can't believe how difficult it is to return an imaginary item at an imaginary price based on your imaginary whim? If a tax auditor came to your house and you just ballparked your income..you would be in a federal prison. But if you come to my store and act like an unintelligent oaf, I get to feel like a dick the rest of the day...

I would also like to point out that 90 minutes, was actually 13 minutes since her address was on the bill she was paying at the time as well...nice work.




No comments:

Post a Comment